Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe: Want a quick and easy way to make a healthy breakfast? I LOVE this Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal. Naturally sweetened with maple syrup and bananas, this baked oatmeal is soft and perfectly moist.
It’s taken to the n
ext level with warming cinnamon, chia seeds, flaxseed, and blueberries that have been mixed in. This meal can be made the night before so that food is ready to go in the morning. It is gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian.
Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe
INGREDIENTS FOR THIS RECIPE
This banana blueberry baked oatmeal comes together with a handful of pantry staples. Here’s what we’ll be using to make this baked oats recipe:
- Old Fashioned Rolled Oats: If you’re looking for a gluten-free option, you can replace the oats in this recipe with gluten-free rolled oats.
- Baking powder: Helps the baked oatmeal rise.
- Ground cinnamon: Adds flavor and complements the fresh fruit perfectly.
- Salt: Balances out the sweetness from the bananas and blueberries.
- Mashed bananas: Ripe, speckled bananas are best in this recipe. If your bananas aren’t ripe enough yet, place them in a brown paper bag for 1-2 days to ripen quicker.
- Milk: Any type of milk will work in this recipe. I used almond milk, but use what you have on hand.
- Honey: Sweetens the blueberry banana oatmeal.
- Egg: Binds everything together and prevents the oats from crumbling once baked.
- Vanilla extract: Pure vanilla extract is best in this recipe.
- Blueberries: Fresh or frozen blueberries will work.
About Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal Recipe
- COURSE: Breakfast, Snack
- CUISINE: American
- DIET: Gluten Free, Vegetarian
- PREP TIME: 10 minutes minutes
- COOK TIME: 45 minutes minutes
- TOTAL TIME: 55 minutes minutes
- SERVINGS: 8 Servings
- CALORIES: 252 kcal
HOW TO MAKE BAKED OATMEAL
Mix wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls. Stir wet and dry ingredients together. Mix in blueberries gently.
Place the mixture in an 8-inch square baking dish and bake for 30–40 minutes until firm and faintly golden brown. My ideal time is 35–36 minutes.
Slice blueberry banana baked oatmeal after 10 minutes of cooling. While baked oatmeal has a soft and chewy texture, it is tasty and ideal for finicky eaters. I adore making Blueberry Banana Baked Oatmeal and topping it with Greek yogurt. Add pure maple syrup, almond milk, or fresh fruit for a delicious topping.
CAN I USE FROZEN BLUEBERRIES?
You may prepare this dish year-round since I tested it with frozen blueberries and it worked well. Stir in frozen blueberries gradually to avoid a purple color in your oatmeal.You can also use your favorite or available berries in this recipe.
HOW LONG DOES BAKED OATMEAL LAST?
This healthy baked oatmeal will last up to 5 days in the fridge.
- This baked oatmeal may be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the fridge and heat in the oven or microwave before serving.
- Quick oats can be used instead of old-fashioned. Use the same amount of oats as in the recipe.
- Make muffins from this. Bake them for 20–25 minutes.