Deep Fried Oreo:- For the most ridiculous dessert, try Deep Fried Oreo. This State Fair favourite requires only five ingredients (plus powdered sugar for dusting) and is easy to create. The secret ingredient? Pancake mix!
Choose Deep Fried Oreo for the most outlandish dessert. Nothing is simpler than making this State Fair favourite with only 5 ingredients and powdered sugar for dusting. Ingredient secret? Pancake mix.
Los Angeles-based Armenian Charlie Boghosian created it. He was 16 but already known as “The Man Who Fries Everything.” He introduced Deep Fried Oreo at the 2001 LA County Fair, and the world has never looked back. See my post for other tasty State Fair snacks.
We don’t know how Charlie prepared his deep-fried Oreo, but ours use dry pancake mix. Imagine Bisquick or another all-purpose baking mix. Beyond that, milk, eggs, and Oreo suffice. If possible, use Double Stuf Oreo, which worked best in our recipe testing. I mention “recipe testing” with a smile because this recipe cannot be considered “work!”
Deep Fried Oreo
Ingredient And Equipment Notes
- A reliable digital thermometer can help you fry or cook more accurately. For Deep Fried Oreo, aim for 375 degrees.
- This recipe works well with normal or Double Stuf Oreo. I like Double Stuff for more stuffing.
- For frying, use neutral, high-smoke-point oils like vegetable, canola, or avocado.
- Avoid overloading the skillet with Oreo, which cools the oil and makes them oil-saturated and slower to cook. Slow down and allow the hot oil return to 375 between batches.
Instructions in steps
- Cover a plate or baking sheet with paper towels. Whisk milk, egg, and pancake mix in a large bowl until smooth. Add 1 tablespoon of pancake mix at a time to thicken if runny.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees in a Dutch oven, deep pot, or deep fryer over medium-high heat. In batches of 4–6 Oreos, dip them in batter and let the excess drop back into the basin.
- Fry one side till golden brown, 1–2 minutes. Flip and fry each cookie until golden brown on side two.
ALSO READ:- Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread Recipe – Easy Guide
Tips and changes to the recipe
- This simple recipe for Deep Fried Oreo makes 36 cookies.
- How to Store: Deep-Fried Oreo taste best when they are warm and fresh.
- You can keep Deep Fried Oreo in the fridge for up to three days if you put them in a container that won’t let air in.
- For 3 to 5 minutes, heat it up again in an oven set to 425 degrees.
- For those who have an air fryer, this method won’t work because the batter is too wet. We tried it and don’t suggest it at all (10/10).
If you like this article about Deep Fried Oreo Please share this article with your friends and family members.