DIY Snack Revolution: Crafting Your Own Blood Sugar-Friendly Treats:-We love store-bought snacks just as much as anyone else, but if you have diabetes, it might be smarter to make your own. Here are the best snacks for people with diabetes that we like to make ahead of time instead of buying. This helps our blood sugar.
DIY Snack Revolution: Crafting Your Own Blood Sugar-Friendly Treats
1. Bakery-style muffins
- Who can resist fluffy bakery muffins? I always smell them first on the grocery store’s bakery side, but they’re sugary and cause blood sugar spikes.
- Wonderful Morning Glory Muffins are an alternative.
- They’re sweetened with apples, carrots, raisins, and a little added sugar.
- Fibre helps balance blood sugar. Also, they’re great for meal prep.
- Make a batch at the start of the week for a healthy snack when hunger strikes.
2. Flavored yogurt
- Yoghurt is a healthy snack, but flavoured store-bought yoghurt has lots of sugar.
- Buying plain yoghurt and adding fresh or frozen fruit and/or a sweetener lets you control how much sugar goes into your snack.
- You can also switch fruits and flavours to suit your mood.
3. Energy balls
- Want a quick snack that will fill you up? Energy Balls are a good choice. Also, you don’t have to bake them, and they have good carbs for you.
- If you want to make these ahead of time, you might already have the oats, peanut butter, and honey you need. That way, they’ll be ready when you are.
4. Muffin-tin eggs
- We love Starbucks and Trader Joe’s sous vide eggs just as much as anyone else, but it’s so easy to make muffin tin eggs ahead of time!
- You can add almost anything to them and they’ll still taste great. They’re cheap, healthy, and good for people with diabetes.
- You can make a lot of these healthy snacks at once and have them on hand all week with the help of your muffin tin.
5. Veggie chips
- As a snack, veggie chips are tasty and give us that salty crunch we love, but the ones that come in a package usually have a lot of salt and are deep-fried.
- Things that are sold as healthy snacks aren’t always that healthy. Note: It’s fine to buy something from the store once in a while, but maybe not every day.
- When you want something salty and crunchy, the good news is that you can make healthy alternatives at home, like these tasty Beet Chips or our Air-Fryer Sweet Potato Chips.
- Olive oil and salt are used to make these crispy. They are baked with a light coating of olive oil to help them crisp up.
- You’ll feel good about making your own granola, and your kitchen will smell great while you do it.
- Like some of the other foods on this list, store-bought granola can have a lot of added sugar.
- Some sugar is fine, but too much can quickly raise blood sugar. It’s easy to make your own granola, and you can add the flavours you like to make your yoghurt or breakfast cereals more interesting.
- Plus, you can keep the added sugars to a minimum. Also, the oats give you fibre, and the nuts and seeds add heart-healthy fats.
7. Ice pops
- I always look forward to my treat in the evening! There are many sweet treats in the freezer section of the grocery store, such as ice cream and popsicles.
- But it’s just as tasty (and better for you!) to make your own at home. Like these Strawberry Swirl Cheesecake Ice Pops.
- They are a healthy frozen dessert that tastes just like strawberry cheesecake.
- All you need are a few simple ingredients and some time. It’s a tasty choice that makes my sweet tooth happy.
- Someone said soup can’t be a snack. Certainly not me! A lot of people want to buy canned soup because it’s quick, easy, and doesn’t take much work to make.
- But the bad thing about canned soup is that it usually has a lot of salt added to it, which makes it taste better and keeps it fresh longer.
- Because people with diabetes are more likely to get heart disease, it’s important to watch how much sodium you eat to help avoid or control high blood pressure and its problems.
If you like this article about DIY Snack Revolution: Crafting Your Own Blood Sugar-Friendly Treats Please share this article with your friends and family member.