How To Make Your Hair Grow Faster: Tips for Healthy Growth: Hair growth is influenced by various factors like genetics, overall health, and hair care practices. While you can’t dramatically speed up hair growth, several tips can support healthy growth.
How To Make Your Hair Grow Faster: Tips for Healthy Growth
1. Trim your hair
- It may seem contradictory, but frequent trims promote healthy hair growth.
- While a haircut may not accelerate hair growth, it can remove split ends and breakage that can damage strands and reduce volume.
- Your hair will seem healthier, neater, and grow faster without frizzy, damaged ends.
2. Eat protein-rich foods
- Protein-rich meals like eggs, oily fish, beans, almonds, healthy grains, and lean meats like chicken strengthen hair from the inside out.
- Keratin, a strong protein required to make fingernails and skin, makes up each hair strand, making protein essential.
- If you don’t get enough protein, your body will use it for other things, affecting your hair.
3. Take a hair-boosting supplement
Add a multivitamin to boost protein consumption. You may find a vitamin tailored for skin, hair, and nails or ask your GP about the vitamins and minerals you require. The following vitamins are essential for healthy hair development and preventing hair loss:
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Omega-3 fatty acids
4. Use a strengthening shampoo and conditioner
Hair growth is affected by how often and what you wash it with. Restore damaged hair with our Rehab + Revive shampoo and conditioner, which preserves sensitive strands and strengthens weak, brittle fibers.
Reduce your hair washing frequency, gently massage your scalp and hair follicles, and rinse with lukewarm water to close your cuticles and prevent dehydrating your hair.
5. Use a weekly hair mask
- Detangle, hydrate, and repair damaged hair with a weekly hair mask.
- Our Hydrate & Recharge Deep Soak Masque includes nutrient-rich drops with monoi oil and keratin for dry, brittle hair that need extra care.
- Pro tip: apply to damp hair and wrap in a warm towel for 5 minutes to absorb the treatment.
6. Take care after washing
- When moist, your hair is most susceptible, so be careful before styling. Use a microfibre hair turban or a soft towel to gently dry damp hair without rubbing.
- Avoid pulling your brush through knots and softly brush your hair from ends to roots. Apply our Daily Miracle Leave-In Conditioner to damp hair for quick detangling and brittle strand protection.
7. Always use heat protection
apply heat-styling equipment at the lowest setting and apply heat protection spray to prevent hair damage. Stop blow-drying your hair at 80% dry and let it dry naturally before leaving the house.
If you often use a curling wand, try a heat-free method for wavy hair.
8. Protect your hair from the elements
Warm and cold temperatures harm hair, so wear a hat in bright sunshine and pull your hair back on windy days to reduce frizz and tangles.
Don’t like hats or scarves? Try our Detox & Repair assortment to replenish daily damages.
9. Brush your hair at night
- Over-brushing weakens hair, but a few strokes before bed may smooth natural oils through your strands to prevent drying and increase scalp circulation. It also prevents sleep knots.
- Silk pillowcases and hair wraps are better for hair than cotton or polyester and decrease breakage, making them the perfect nighttime treat.
- Apply a few spritzes of our Repair and Renew Hair Mist to calm and nourish stressed hair.