4 Impressive Health Benefits of Lysine:- Master, Doctor Nguyen Minh Tuan, a paediatrician who works at Vinmec Danang International General Hospital, reads and understands the piece very well. Essential amino acids are ones that your body can’t make on its own and needs to get from food. For the body to grow and develop normally, lysine is very important. It also helps make carnitine, which is a chemical that is found in almost all cells. So what does lysine do you ask?
4 Impressive Health Benefits of Lysine
1. Arginine is blocked by Lysine, which guards and heals cold sores
- Lysine helps fat get into cells so it can be burned for energy. The body can use a type of lysine called L-lysine. It is naturally found in foods, or you can get a lot of it from lysine pills, which are a dietary supplement.
- A fever and cold sores or blisters are signs of an illness. These are most often found on the lips or corners of the mouth. They are small blisters filled with water that hurt and make you feel tingly, painful, or burning. In addition, they make you feel bad about how you look.
- The herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1) is usually to blame for cold sores. This virus can stay dormant in the body for a long time. When you are stressed or your immune system isn’t working as well, HSV-1 can start to work and give you cold sores.
- Taking extra lysine may help stop HSV-1 from replicating and shorten the time that cold sores last. 26 people who were prone to getting cold sores found that taking 1,000 mg of lysine by mouth every day made their cold sores go away.
- 40% of people with cold sores got better on day three after using a cream with lysine, herbs, vitamins, and zinc. By day six, 87% of those people no longer had cold sores.
2. Lysine reduces anxiety
- Lysine can help lower stress. Lysine can lower anxiety by blocking receptors that are part of the stress reaction. The researchers saw that the rats that were given lysine had fewer instances of having loose stools when they were stressed.
- A study that followed 50 healthy people for a week found that taking supplements with 2.64 grammes of lysine and arginine lowered nervousness caused by stress and lowered levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Lysine helps people with schizophrenia. Patients with schizophrenia can also benefit from lysine as part of their treatment. Schizophrenia is a mental disease that affects how a person sees and understands the world around them.
- Even though the study is still in its early stages, lysine may help people with schizophrenia feel better when taken with their regular medicines.
Also Read:-7 Secrets of People Who Rarely Get Sick
3. Lysine helps the body absorb and hold on to calcium
- Your body can keep calcium with the help of lysine. Lysine helps the kidneys hold on to calcium and makes it easier for the stomach to absorb it.
- Calcium and lysine supplements were found to lower calcium loss in the urine in a study of 30 women, 15 of whom were fit and 15 of whom had osteoporosis.
- The women who took 400 mg of lysine lost less calcium in their pee than the women who were not given lysine. Lysine is good for your bones and helps your Body move calcium around. As an example, lysine has been shown to keep rats’ blood vessels from getting too full of calcium.
- This kind of buildup makes you more likely to get heart disease.
- Also, a study done in test tubes demonstrated that cells growing without lysine caused calcium to leave the cell and enter another cell.
4. Lysine helps wounds heal by joining together to make collagen
- Lysine aids wound healing. In animal tissues, lysine was more active at the wound site and accelerated healing.
- Lysine is needed to make collagen, a protein that supports skin and bones. Lysine can also bind, boosting wound cell growth.
- It may even increase blood vessel growth. An animal study found that lysine and arginine enhanced fracture repair.
Another study in 40 rabbits indicated that feeding with 47 mg lysine and 50 mg arginine per kg body weight increased blood flow and bone healing.
- Animal research showed that rabbits given lysine and arginine healed 2 weeks faster than controls.
- Wound healing is complicated and involves vitamins, minerals, and other substances. Lysine appears to be crucial.
- Wound healing suffers without lysine.
Studies have only examined oral lysine supplementation, therefore we don’t know if applying it to the wound works.
- One study found that applying lysine gel to an ulcer reduced infection and healing time.
- Patients can trust Vinmec International General Hospital’s contemporary facilities, medical equipment, and team of experts and doctors with years of experience in medical examination and treatment.
If you like this article about 4 Impressive Health Benefits of Lysine Please share this article with your friends and family members.